Friday, April 17, 2009

Almanya'da (In Germany)

A special thanks to Mr. William Carter the First for informing me that it has been 2 weeks and one day since my last post entitled; "Whoops". For those that were staring at your computer screen on the edge of your seat last night at 11:59 PM, waiting for a new post; I apologize.

Anyways, as many of my readers already know, I went to Germany last weekend to visit my great pal Lisa. For those that don't know, Lisa was an exchange student from Germany (duh) that lived with my family from '06-'07. Her and I were very close so it was really cool getting to see her in her hometown.

When I arrived on Friday, Lisa walked me around her village with her sister and boyfriend. Her village is really small, like 1200 people small. There are more people in my high school. After that we ate lunch, which is the main meal in that part of Germany, not dinner. Also we colored eggs for Easter.

I actually had no clue that it was Easter when I went to Germany. In Turkey no one knew because it's a Muslim country so naturally I kind of forgot about it. But now I remember and realize I don't have a spring break. D= Oh well, I'll get over it.

I realize now that the task of writing down everything we did is going to take forever and is quite daunting so I've decided halfway through to just give an over-view.

It was awesome to see Lisa again, I got to meet her family and her friends, who are all very nice. It was also a little weird though to see her in a completely different life. Different family, friends, plans. I don't really know how to describe it beyond weird. So I'll leave it at that.

I've definately gotten lazy with these, but oh well I've got other things to do so I'll stop here. Anyone who wants to know more specifics on my trip can talk to me anytime. Be sure to check back in another 2 weeks in one day for the next possible update.

İyi Akşamlar

No comments: